Have you ever tried a potato salad with a lemony avocado dressing and the incredible flavor of fresh herbs?
Try this simple recipe, and you’re not going to miss the mayonnaise, I guarantee!
Our terrace is a triumph of colors, flowers, and flavors. We have a little vegetable garden with radishes, strawberries, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, salad and lots of aromatic herbs. I love to pass my hands through them and then enjoy the wonderfully intense aroma.
Since I was a cooking-teenager, I dreamed about a flat with a terrace, where I would have had all sorts of herbs. Well, now I have it, and I couldn’t love it more!
Herbs and spices are staples in my kitchen.
And they seem to enjoy life on the terrace!
What makes me happy while I’m cooking is to go out on the terrace and come back to the kitchen with these precious leaves in my hands to finish up the dishes with their amazing flavors.
I cannot think of a tomato sauce without basil, or a stir-fry without spices and fresh herbs, or a potato salad without any green accent!
This recipe is a delicious way to make a super-delicious and healthy potato salad with a surprising avocado dressing, absolutely dairy, egg, and meat-free.
The secret ingredients are…guess what… fresh herbs! I used chives, thyme, basil, and dill, but you can choose the ones you prefer.
EASY POTATO SALAD WITH AVOCADO DRESSING AND FRESH HERBS
- 500 g baby potatoes
- 1 big avocado
- the juice of half small lemon (about 4 tablespoons)
- half clove of garlic grated
- 1 teaspoon of wholegrain mustard (moutarde à l’ancienne)
- thyme (remove the stems)
- extra virgin olive oil
1. Place the baby potatoes in a pot with cold water and bring it gently to a boil. Cook them for about 30 minutes, or until tender.
2. In the meantime, prepare the avocado dressing. Chop all the herbs finely. In a bowl smash the avocado with a fork and add all the other ingredients, mixing well.
3. Strain the potatoes and let them cool down, then season them with some salt and finally add the avocado dressing mixing gently. Ideally, prepare this salad a couple of hours in advance and keep it in the fridge.